Christian Investing: 5 Steps to be More Faithful
As Christians, we long to hear the words “well done, good and faithful servant!” (Matthew 25:23). One of the ways we can be faithful with our money is the manner in which we invest. Christian financial stewardship is about how we earn income, how we tithe, how we save and invest, and many other facets of our financial lives.
Are you concerned about where your money is being invested? Wouldn’t you like to get a good return and feel good about what you are supporting?
Let me ask you an important question: How do you feel about the moral direction of our country?
What I mean is…
Do any of the trends on the list below make your blood boil or your heartache?
- The rising number of abortion clinics, facilities and activist groups…
- The shady deceptive practices being used by the pornography industry…
- The number of families being torn apart by addictions ranging from alcohol to drugs to gambling… or the number of deaths caused by the tobacco industry…
- The promotion of homosexuality in the media, in entertainment and in government…
Do you ever wonder who supports these types of damaging organizations and industries…who exactly are the faces and companies behind such obvious threats to the moral fabric of our country?
Are you, like me, outraged by the damaging effects these types of groups and industries have on our communities and our families.
If so, then you might want to sit down…
Because, the truth is, your investment dollars may actually be strengthening these industries.
In short, your money may be helping to create and to sustain the very industries you despise.
Now, let me be blunt…
If what I’ve just said doesn’t concern you… if you consider profits at any cost ok… if the
ends justify the means… then I’m wasting your time and you can just STOP reading this article immediately.
However, if you are concerned about where your investment dollars end up—and what they support, then you should know…there is an alternative.
An alternative that can keep your hard-earned dollars away from these immoral industries (or any other industry that doesn’t line-up with your values) and instead place your dollars with companies and industries you will be proud to own.
It’s an alternative I call ―”Faith-Based investing”.
Best of all you won’t have to sacrifice investment gains.
In fact, you could beat the Wall Street ―pros by placing your principles and values first.
Let me explain how this got started…
A Life Changing Question
Has anyone ever asked you a question that you couldn’t answer? Not a question of knowledge but one of those really deep meaningful, complex questions of life.
You know the type…like the first time you wrestled with…
Is there life after death?
Do you believe in God?
Is Jesus the ONLY way to heaven?
Imagine yourself for a moment, listening to a soul-searching question… so convicting, paralyzing and deep it penetrates the depths of your soul.
A question that shakes the moral foundation your life is built upon.
A question that once answered will require you to make changes you’d never considered before.
My name is Jay Peroni and I was faced with just such a question.
A question that after nearly ten years of professional experience, a masters degree in financial planning and rigorous training to become a Certified Financial Planning (CFP®) professional left me speechless…
It was a question that overloaded my professional circuitry and left me feeling both cowardly and incompetent. Sixteen years of school and years of professional experience had simply not prepared me for the question.
So what was the question that ultimately caused me to walk away from my cushy 6-figure financial career and start FaithBasedInvestor.com?
It was this…
“Jay, can I expect God to bless my investments if I am investing in companies that violate His principles?”
The question came from a Christian woman that also happened to be one of my clients.
Little did I know at the time her question would send me on a painstaking and revealing two-year journey.
However, today I can answer the question with confidence, clarity and conviction.
Better yet, thanks to thousands of hours of research, I can now show you how to build a solid portfolio that enriches your life and your wallet. I can help you become a better, “faith-based” investor!
Do your investments line up with your faith and values? Are there social or moral issues important to you? The “proud to own” process is about aligning your portfolio with your values…
Faith-Based Investing Made Simple!
- Set up a VIP membership and brokerage account. We suggest using folioinvesting.com or www.sharebuilder.com to save on fees.
- Answer our asset allocation questionnaire or select one of our 7 portfolio strategies. Our 2015 Faith-Based Asset Allocation Models are online, simply go to
- Buy the suggested investments. Mirror our asset allocation models or mirror one of our 7 portfolio strategies.
- Watch for trade alerts. Whenever we buy or sell a position we will send out a trade alert and let you know what to do next…
- Make the suggested changes. It’s really that simple!
- Discover what values are important
- Align your investments with your values
- Design a portfolio that embraces your faith
- Implement a strategy to grow your assets
- Manage your portfolio