This week we will look at:
- How much is enough to retire?
- What variables should you consider when retiring?
- What do you do if your retirement plans have to be put on hold?
- An update on Blood Moons on Wall Street, my upcoming book…
- Proud to Own Series: A “Proud to Own” Company Providing Infrastructure Around the Globe.
- Into the Light Series: This week we discuss a bank that needs a “moral” bailout.
- My trade idea of the week: a multiline retailer that could soon break to all-time highs…
- My weekly run down on top sectors of the economy, my favorite currencies, commodities, and countries you should consider for your investment dollars.
Last week we discussed a case study with John, who was wondering if he was saving enough for retirement. Alice was listening intently to the show and said, “Thanks Jay for sharing the case study on retirement. I’m waiting on an early retirement package from my company and wondering how much I will need to retire? Is a million dollars enough?”
As we discussed last week there are many variable that go into a retirement assessment:
- How much you have saved so far – your total assets to date
- How much you are saving now
- What rate of return will we use for growing your assets. This is based on the risk you are willing to assume and current market conditions.
- How much income you need to replace
- What inflation rate we factor in
- And what other sources of income will you have in retirement? Social security, pensions, part time work, etc.
- Once you figure these out you can estimate the amount of money a person will need to create the income to sustain retirement.
- The problem is most people don’t do this type of planning. Most fly by the seat of their pants and “hope to retire someday”. Well what if that some day never comes? Many don’t have a plan in place so they will never be able to retire…
Listen to Jay’s commentary and analysis now!
Investment Themes & Strategies Podcast
Each and every week we tackle the world of finances so I can help you grow, protect, and share your wealth!
If you would like a review of your portfolio, whether you have IRAs, 401ks, Roths, or taxable investment accounts give me a call or email me for a FREE 30 minute review. Call me at 866-594-9919. For more information about our products and services check out wallstrenegade.com/products.